Dunamis Therapy Hub offers an exciting Diploma in Humanistic Creative Counselling. Our in depth counselling diploma course will take your therapy skills to the next level.
The next course will be commencing September 2020. Ideal for those who have completed a sixty hour certificate course and now want to take the next step towards a career as a counsellor.
Prior to undertaking our diploma course, students will need to download and read our Pre-Course Information document.
Have you completed a 60 hour Counselling Certificate?
Want to find out more about our diploma course?
Why not book onto our next “Come and See” Day – (via Zoom due to the Coronavirus)
Use the contact form to let us know you want to join us, find out the date and to get the zoom details. Contact form.
Please be aware that places on our Diploma course are already booking up so please contact as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
How do I become a therapist?
There are a number of steps on the journey to becoming a qualified and accredited counsellor.
If you are considering undertaking a diploma in counselling then you should have already completed a 60 hour certificate course in counselling skills. If you haven’t yet done this then you can find out more about our certificate course here – counselling certificate.
By studying with Dunamis to do your diploma you will undertake humanistic creative therapeutic learning. You will train in Person Centered Therapy, Gestalt Therapy and learn about creative therapies and existential ideas. You can find out more about how to become a counsellor/therapist here – how do I become a counsellor?
Who is this course for and do I need a degree to become a counsellor?
- Anyone who wishes to become a Fully Qualified Counsellor.
- Those that are already within the field of Counselling & wish to update their skills.
- Those that are already a therapist and wish to add Counselling to the existing skills
- You do not need a degree to study to be a counsellor/psychotherapist.
- However you will need a good level of English and numeracy and be able to understand and clearly communicate in English.
- You will need to pass a pre-course interview before being accepted onto the course.
Course content summary
- £6,500 – This includes a minimum of 430 hours training and a residential weekend in the second year.
- Personal therapy 40 weeks a year with an experienced integrative therapist.
- Supervision costs
- Travel costs
- BACP student membership
- A joint research project
- 3 essays
- A journal of the week’s session and student’s thoughts
- Weekly online learning checks
- A community involvement project
- 125 placement hours
- Case study of a taped client for twelve sessions
- Dunamis offers help with finding placements though it is the student’s responsibility to find their placement.
- Students will usually be signed off as ready to find a placement towards the end of term 2 (into term 3) having met the following criteria:
- Competent skills
- Understanding contracts
- Understanding the ethical frame work
- Understanding endings
- Working in an agency, (at least 6 months skills practice with peers)
Students skills will be regularly observed by tutors and feedback given . Placement hours may continue after the end of the taught part of the course. Students are allowed two years from completion of the course to apply and complete their final Dunamis exam
The exam is in two parts; part one is a short online theory test which can be completed at the end of the course. Part two is a remotely viewed video of live practice, with a role playing client, followed by supervision on the work. The examining panel will evaluate the work when all of the criteria for the Diploma has been completed.
Counselling Diploma in Humanistic Creative Counselling
Our course is taught over 5 terms and will teach you about Person Centered, Gestalt and Existential approaches.
After each lesson you will have an online learning check to complete in order to check your understanding and progress.
What’s on offer?
- A diploma in counselling
- An innovative programme
- A 5 term course
- Supportive and experienced tutors
- Online learning checks
- Competitive pricing
Term dates (Every Thursday):
- Term 1 – 24th September 2020 – 10th December 2020 (12 weeks)
- Term 2 – 07th January 2021 – 25th March 2021 (12 weeks)
- Term 3 – 22nd April 2021 – 8th July 2021 (12 weeks)
- Term 4 – 23rd September 2021 – 09th December 2021 (12 weeks)
- Term 5 – TBC (to be confirmed) (12 weeks)
- Residential 16th – 17th October 2021
- Experiential Day Saturday 18th – 20th March 2022
Diploma Price / Tuition Fees
All students need to pass a pre-course interview before being accepted onto the course. The interview is informal and will last approximately an hour. There is a group work element and an individual element. The purpose of the interview is to ensure that you are ready for the course and will get the best out of it.
If you wish to be invited for an interview please download, print, complete and return the following form – download form
Once accepted onto the course we require a £1500 deposit followed by the first payment of £3500 a month prior to the course.
The final payment of £1500 is to be made prior to the start of Term 4.
For more information about payment or to discuss payment options then please contact us.
Counselling Diploma Booking Form & Terms and Conditions
Please download, complete and return the Diploma booking form
The Diploma in Creative Humanistic therapy is not yet an accredited course however students will be supported by our tutors to apply for BACP recognition.
The support offered will include but is not limited to:
- The tutor team supporting the student in practicing for the online certificate of proficiency
- The use of a quite room
- The use of a computer and web cam as appropriate
When the student has completed the Diploma criteria they may then apply for the BACP on line test for proficiency and on successful completion will be invited by the BACP to join the register.
Dunamis Therapy Hub offers a humanistic creative therapeutic diploma in counselling, studio events for continual professional development and therapeutic groups. Our groups cover issues such as depression, anxiety and the challenges of parenting.
Based in Crowborough, East Sussex, we are passionate about writing, philosophical thinking, spiritual connections, creativity, imagination and research.