Children and Young People Foundation Certificate (11-18 years)
This course will be run on demand. If six or more participants wish to undertake the training it will be run from the 1st April 2022.
An Introduction to Working with Young People – Course
Working with teenagers can be a very rewarding experience, but it also comes with its own challenges and legal parameters. These CPD studio evenings are designed to enrich your counselling training to support your work with teenagers.
This highly successful course was first run in April 2019 in line with the BACP criteria for working with children and young people.
This course looks at areas relating to how the brain changes in adolescence, the legal framework relating to working with children and young people and much more.
Over six sessions participants will:
- Discuss as a group ways to engage young people in therapy
- Work in pairs to consider their own adolescence
- Consider ways of working across a whole institution
- Explore pharmacological issues, ADHD, drugs and alcohol
- Learn and understand the legal parameters for working with teenagers
- Learn to build resilience in the client and the counsellor
- Explore the neuroscience of the teenage brain
- Participate in play therapy, sand tray and other techniques
- Learn to recognise trauma in young people
- Find out more about ADHD, depression, anxiety, relationships and other challenges
- Engage in play to better understand the important role it plays
Event dates (18 direct taught hours):
- Friday 1st April 2022 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Saturday 9th April 2022 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Monday 11th April 2022 – 2pm – 6pm
The cost of this course is £625 for the full course (refreshments included).
Please download, complete and return the event booking form. We require dietary needs information and acceptance of the event terms and conditions.
Please note: Award of the course certificate requires completion of a 3000 word case study.
The following feedback was received from the students who attended the 2019 course:
Many thanks again for putting on such a useful and interesting course.
Really useful – Many thanks again for the course it’s been so interesting and I’ve met lots of new people!
11 out of 12 would recommend the course to others and thought they were well equipped to work with children and young people.
Our studio events are for qualified or second year Diploma counselling students. The aim is to build on knowledge already gained in the field of counselling.
For more information please contact us using the form below.