For those moving on from physical trauma
This is a self help group for those who have moved beyond initial healing from physical trauma and are beginning to re-decide their place in the world.
This group is for individuals who have begun their evolution from situations that have rocked their worlds, such as injury resulting from strokes, tumours, physical accidents etc.
After recovery people are faced with the question “what now?”
We know that when worlds shake we need to take stock & refocus but growth is possible. We aim to support and encourage that evolutionary process by offering an initial 8 week course consisting of 2 hour meetings. These will address topics such as:
- Emotional realignment – how to deal with anxiety, depression, fear and sadness.
- How to take back some control over your life
- Gaining some digital tools
- Learning relaxation and mindfulness techniques
- Celebrating how far you have come & the person you are
The sessions will be motivating, supportive and encouraging
The format of the evening will be:
- Introduction of a topic for the evening such as “Dealing with why me feelings”or “How to turn my lemons into lemonade.”
- Followed by self help group participation
- Then a facilitated exercise to add to the evolutionary tool box
Refreshments will be provided.
The group will be limited to a maximum of 10 participants and will be a closed group after the first session.
Participants can continue beyond the initial 8 sessions if appropriate.
The low cost group is £80 for the 8 weeks payable before the start of the course.
The course will be facilitated by a qualified counsellor and a lead participant who has experienced recovery from physical
The group will meet Mondays from 7pm-9pm in Crowborough.
For more information and for an initial assessment contact Niall Crawley Moore
Unfortunately this group will not be suitable for every traumatic recovery and individuals situation therefore assessment is required and we reserve the right to sign post individuals to alternative support.